A chargeback request to Payoneer (2022-11-22)

The request is filled according to "MasterCard Chargeback Guide (2022-04-26)":
I will use the abbreviation "MCG" hereafter to refer to this document.

1. About me

Dmitrii Fediuk, a holder of a MasterCard card XXXXXX-1797.
Payoneer Customer ID: 15237454
Email: dfediuk@gmail.com

2. The disputed transaction

Merchant: PARAM/ *TRENDYOL
Authorization code: 646737469
Total amount: 398.89 USD
Transaction amount: 7,056.00 TRY
Payment method: XXXXXX-1797
Pre-auth: 12 Nov 2022
Charge: 14 Nov 2022
Category: Miscellaneous and Specialty Retail Stores

3. The chargeback reason

"Cardholder Dispute Chargeback" / "Goods or Services Not Provided" (page 56 of MCG).

4. The chargeback conditions

According to the page 56 of MCG I claim the both of the following conditions:

1. I have been engaged in the transaction.
  2. The purchased product was not received.

I contacted the merchant and he refused to resolve the problem: the merchant claims that the product was successfully delivered by a contactless method to the security guard at my house, without obtaining the recipient's signature and without any evidence of delivery of the goods.

I, on the other hand, claim that neither I nor the security guard received the order and claim that the merchant does not have any evidence that either I or the security guard received the product.

5. The chargeback time frame

The page 57 of MCG defines the timeframe for the «Goods or Services Not Provided» chargeback:

«In cases involving delayed delivery of goods or services and the delivery or performance date was specified by the merchant and the latest anticipated delivery or performance date was specified by the merchant has passed: Within 120-calendar days of the latest anticipated delivery or performance date specified by the merchant. However, the issuer may charge back the transaction immediately (and not wait until the latest anticipated delivery or performance date has passed) upon learning the merchant will not provide the goods or services <...>»

I claim that my chargeback request is within the specified time frame:

1. The date specified by the merchant is 2022-11-16. It has been passed.

2. My request date is 2022-11-22. It is within the 120 days time frame from the date specified by the merchant.

3. You can learn from the screenshot above that the merchant will not provide the product to me because the merchant states that the product is already provided («The following 1 product was delivered on Wednesday, November 16»).

6. Supporting Documents

The page 58 of MCG defines the supporting documents:

«Cardholder email, letter, message or completed Dispute Resolution Form-Cardholder Dispute Chargeback (Form 1221) must include both of the following:

• A description of the cardholder’s complaint in sufficient detail to enable all parties to understand the dispute.
    This means that the cardholder email, letter, message or completed Dispute Resolution Form-Cardholder Dispute Chargeback (Form 1221) must document how each of the Chargeback Conditions was met.
  • A reasonably specific description of the goods/services purchased.»

Please use this document of mine as a supporting document for MasterCard.
Below I provide the additional information to meet the MasterCard requirements for supporting documents.

6.1 A reasonably specific description of the goods/services purchased.

I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE tablet.

The product page on the merchant's website is trendyol.com/samsung/galaxy-tab-s7-fe-wifi-gumus-tablet-samsung-turkiye-garantili-p-152718658?boutiqueId=615776&merchantId=275331

6.2 A claim that I have been engaged in the transaction.

Below is a screenshot from the merchant's website:

6.3 A claim that the purchased product was not received.

The merchant claims that the product was successfully delivered by a contactless method to the security guard at my house, without obtaining the recipient's signature and without any evidence of delivery of the goods.

I, on the other hand, claim that neither I nor the security guard received the order and claim that the merchant does not have any evidence that either I or the security guard received the product.

7. My additional statements

The page 59 of MCG"lists conditions where chargeback does not apply.
I declare that all of these conditions do not apply in my case.

1. "The cardholder has taken possession of the merchandise from the merchant and subsequently makes arrangements to have the merchandise shipped by a third party."
    I declare that I did not take possession of the merchandise from the merchant.

2. "The goods are being held in customs for unpaid duty or customs fees."
    I declare that the goods are not being held in customs for unpaid duty or customs fees.

3. "The merchant delivered the merchandise and the cardholder refused to accept delivery."
    I declare that the merchant did not deliver the merchandise and neither I nor the security guard refused to accept delivery.

4. "The cardholder signed a waiver absolving the merchant from responsibility when the merchandise is not received."
    I declare that I did not sign a waiver absolving the merchant from responsibility when the merchandise is not received.

5. "The cardholder declined insurance."
    I declare that I did not decline insurance.